Become a Positive Paths Scholar
Are you a dreamer with a vision for a brighter future? At Positive Paths, we believe that empowering women to be key change agents is an essential element to achieving a world that works for everyone. And the cornerstone of that philosophy starts with education.
Life challenges often prevent us from realizing our full potential, so our mission is to bridge the gap between access and fulfillment. Positive Paths Scholarship Program assists women who are returning to school to improve their lives and enhance their career opportunities. As part of our scholarship program, you’ll also be linked with mentor within your same field of interest for one-on-one support and guidance. We provide a financial stipend to offset costs associated with attaining a post-secondary degree – this includes tuition, fees, books, gas, childcare, and other expenses.
Scholarships vary depending on individual needs, up to a maximum of $1,000 per semester. These scholarships can be awarded for a maximum of eight semesters, for women who continue to meet the criteria.Learn More
Read Program Details Apply Now
Download Word Application
Submit completed materials:
- by 4:00pm on May 19, 2018
- via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- or have materials postmarked by May 19, 2018, and sent via the U.S. Postal Service to Positive Paths, Scholarship Committee, c/o Elizabeth Kjar, 635 E. Broadway Road, Mesa, AZ 85204.
A completed packet will include the following items:
- The scholarship application form. All items on the application form must be completed. The form is available at this website: http://positivepathsaz.org/scholarships/
- One letter of recommendation ideally from an employer, a school official, or clergy member (i.e. someone with whom you have worked closely in an academic or employment setting).
- Printout of completed FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) EFC (Estimated Family Contribution) page to demonstrate need.
- Copy of educational transcripts from any previous colleges or universities. If you have not attended a college or university, please include a copy of your high school transcript. These need not be official copies.
Before sending in your materials make certain:
- You filled in all the blanks on the application. You can contact the Positive Paths Scholarship Committee by calling our staff offices at (480) 733-3013 if you are not sure how to fill out part of the application.
- Make sure your answers are readable. You can type directly into the form or print/write neatly. You may attach additional sheets of paper, as needed, but please make sure you indicate what question number you are addressing on attached pages.
- Proofread your application
- Sign and date the application.
- Make yourself a copy of your materials.
- Keep a copy of the email showing you submitted the application by the deadline or keep a copy of your U.S. Postal Service receipt showing that you postmarked the application by the deadline.